Founded in 1988, Campbell Lutyens is a global and independent private capital advisor, specialised in providing fund placement, secondary advisory and GP capital advisory services to leading fund managers and investors globally.
The firm has a team of more than 230 operating from offices in London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Charlotte Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Tokyo and Melbourne, with global and broad-ranging expertise in the private equity, infrastructure and private credit sectors. Over the past 35 years, Campbell Lutyens has grown to be the largest independent advisory firm of its type, providing global expertise with local knowledge and relationships.
As a graduate at Campbell Lutyens, you will work with, and learn from, leaders in the industry and can work on landmark projects with leading private capital firms and global institutions. We give graduates responsibility and opportunities to make an impact from the outset. We also equip you with the knowledge and skills required in all areas of the business, since we operate as an integrated team.
Our Graduate Programme provides you with insight into all aspects of Campbell Lutyens’ business, before you commence your career with us on a permanent basis, in either our fund placement, GP capital advisory or secondary advisory team.
What you can expect:
Upon joining Campbell Lutyens, you will first embark on a six-week training programme that is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to work in primary placement, GP capital advisory and secondary advisory. You will also have the opportunity to meet with your future colleagues and complete your regulatory exams.
While you will receive an offer to join one of the primary placement, GP capital advisory or secondary advisory teams on a permanent basis, you will spend your first three months on a rotation. During this time, you will deepen your understanding of how we operate as one team, as well as having the opportunity to work on live projects.
- In fund placement | Graduates will work in the project management team on the execution of global private equity, private credit and infrastructure fundraisings, developing a thorough understanding of private capital markets. You will be involved throughout the fundraising process covering pre-mandate fund analysis and due diligence, preparation of marketing materials, development and execution of the marketing strategy, interaction with target investors and securing of fund commitments.
- In GP capital advisory | Graduates will be part of Campbell Lutyens’ newest business line, supporting the team to provide financial advice to GPs in relation to their own strategic transactions, including minority GP equity investments and GP financing options.
- In secondary advisory | Graduates will work closely with the team to support the execution of sell-side mandates, developing a strong understanding of the private equity industry and secondary market participants, and the nuances of executing competitive auction processes. You will be involved throughout the execution process which includes portfolio analysis, marketing material preparation, data room management, interaction with potential buyers and private markets managers, bids analysis and preparation of presentations for clients.
Who can apply?
The Graduate Programme is open to students in their final year of university, or those who have already graduated and gained some industry experience. We welcome both Bachelors and Masters students with:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2:1 pass grade in a Finance/Economics, Science or Humanities subject
- Minimum 2-6 months experience gained within financial services (ideally private equity or M&A)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Pro-active and performance-driven
- Team player
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
- Additional language skills are viewed favourably
|Applications open||9:00am GMT, 28 August 2023|
|Applications close||11:59pm GMT, 06 October 2023|
|Disciplines accepted||Any degree accepted (2:1 minimum)|
What does the internship entail?
Campbell Lutyens offers penultimate year university students the opportunity for a summer internship. The internship will help you to explore your chosen career path, develop industry-specific knowledge and increase your professional network. The internship also offers an opportunity for on-the-job assessment for the entry into the firm’s Graduate Programme.
By the time you’re halfway into the application process, you should have made up your mind as to whether it’s in fund placement, GP capital advisory or secondary advisory that you’d like to spend your summer. These roles require a slightly different skillset and are functionally quite different.
Regardless of which you’d like to experience, it will set you up with a good fundamental set of skills with which you will be able to further your career. Campbell Lutyens invests hundreds of hours of training in graduates and associates, and interns are no different. You’ll work on live transactions and add genuine value to your team. It will be hard work, but it will be intensely rewarding.
You won’t just be a part of the team from an execution standpoint, you’ll also be brought into the cultural atmosphere – Campbell Lutyens is committed to making sure that interns are included as valued members of the team, taking part in events and treated like the valuable contributors they are.
|Applications open||9:00am GMT, 04 September 2023|
|Applications close||11:59pm GMT, 13 October 2023|
|Disciplines accepted||Any degree accepted (2:1 minimum)|